Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's an update! Don't worry, the pictures will be explained...

Treadmills have never been this cool before.

Okay, so it's been a little over a week since the last update. Many apologies to my rabid fanbase of... well... at least three people that have left comments! Thanks so much for that, I will be leaving comments on your blogs soon, once I think of some witty stuff to say. It's interesting too that my first comments haven't even come from here in Canada; I've got two from France so far and one from the Netherlands. I'm glad to see that my plan of slowly taking over the world is working well so far.

So what have I been up to since the last entry? It's been busy! Adjusting to my new job has been taking up a good bit of time lately, but I have to say that I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. It's the kind of job where I'm excited to go to work every morning, and believe me, I know how rare that feeling is! However, anyone fearing that I may become a stuffy, holier-than-thou business man (as my friend Mélanie may have mentioned), you can now rest easy. AbbyShot is a very relaxed place to work, the people are super-nice, and it's just a friendly atmosphere overall.

And I'm not just saying all this lovely stuff because they're taking me to Dragon*Con! Yes, as part of my marketing duties I get to be one of the AbbyShot contingent to hit one of the biggest sci-fi/fantasy conventions in the world, held every year in Atlanta, Georgia. I scrolled through the guest list for this event alone and I had a little geek-out moment. Number one person that caught my eye: James Callis from Battlestar Galactica. Before you go asking me why, it's just that this British actor's performance as Gaius Baltar is one of the most interesting things I've seen in a LONG while on television. His ascent from scared, anxious traitor at the beginning of the series to his current slick and charming political animal has to be seen to be believed. Beyond that, they've got people from Firefly/Serenity/Serenifly, Sulu and Tasha Yar from various Star Treks, and wait, I almost forgot Billy West, the voice of Fry and more importantly ZOIDBERG from Futurama!

Alright, I probably should bring this geek moment to a close. Right after I say that equally as exciting as the 'special guests', I am stoked to be able to go down to represent AbbyShot: meet lots of current (and hopefully future) customers, talk to lots of movie fans, discuss the goings-on with fellow exhibitors, see all the wild and crazy costumes that people will be dreaming up for this show, the list goes on. I'm sure it's going to be an amazing experience. I will certainly keep track of my thoughts and impressions about Dragon*Con to post up on this blog. I owe it to my (at least) three readers!

Now, before I head to bed there are two obvious things to mention: what the heck are these two pictures I've decided to randomly slap in this post?

Good question. The first is from one of the coolest things I've seen on YouTube in a while; it's a music video for a great song by a band called "Ok Go". But you don't want to watch this video to listen to the song (as good as it is). I don't know how long it took to choreograph this thing, but it's craziness! Seriously, you need to stop what you're doing and watch this.

And to end off, a picture from last weekend. Myself and a few friends took a camping trip to a beautiful little area of Newfoundland called Lamanche. Even though it rained and then rained some more on Saturday evening, we toughed it out, ate lots of food, and were treated with a beautiful day on Sunday for our troubles. This is the kind of picture that reminds me of why I love Newfoundland so much (as if I could ever forget). Until next time...

Lamanche, Newfoundland and Labrador, August 13 2006

No comments: