Saturday, November 04, 2006

Quick post from Reykjavik

I wasn't sure if I was going to get time for this.

I'm a little sad here on my last day in Reykjavik. I came on a Canadian Trade Mission with AbbyShot and everything went VERY well, the Icelanders we met were so friendly and direct and lovely to deal with; we really couldn't have asked for a better time in a foreign country.

And then last night, the business dealings were all finished! We went to the Blue Lagoon in the evening to chill in the geothermally heated waters and then afterwards a few of the fellas came to my room for pizzas and various types of "beverage".

Then we hit the town in Reykjavik, and it is far FAR livelier than I would have imagined for a country of 300,000! The highlight was definitely chatting and giving my business card to Eli Roth, who's in town filming his newest horror movie, Hostel 2. He assured us that it was going to be the sickest thing ever put on the screen, and I have to believe him! We was a nice guy and didn't mind talking to his fans and the legions of ladies hanging around. Also in the bar: Hyde from That 70's Show! Now that was random.

AbbyShot has a lot of good connections now in Reykjavik, along with one particular ladies boutique called Spaksmannsspjarir that will carry our beautiful yellow Kill Bill Leather Jackets. If there's a place to get noticed, it is right here! It should be a great stepping stone for AbbyShot's expansion around the world.

What a trip. One last walk around this beautiful city waits for me before we have to go.

I think I'll be back soon.

No comments: